About Fran & Kathy
We started Ride The Breath because Yoga is our life’s passion; and we believe that the practice and teaching of yoga is a Divine Blessing and privilege. It is the central foundation and integrating principle of our lives, and helps to keep us healthy, grounded, calm, and attentive as we navigate the myriad opportunities and challenges of daily life. It continues to be a profound and challenging practice, and we simply want to share this Divine Gift with anyone who is interested in learning.
Toward that end, our primary goals for Ride the Breath are:
- Create and sustain a vibrant Ashtanga Yoga and Vinyasa Krama yoga community in Durham, which supports and nurtures individual and collective spirituality, growth, health, and peace of mind
- Provide a beautiful and inspiring practice space and class curriculum to help students develop a consistent and creative self-practice tailored to each individual’s needs
- Encourage and guide students on their individual paths of self-exploration, inquiry, and discovery
- Act as a model local-community yoga school supporting traditional and evolutionary practice methods
- Bring outstanding teachers to Durham from around the world to share their teachings and experiences with the local community
- Promote a mindset of peace, compassion, abundance, gratitude, and joy
We look forward to sharing the journey with you.
Fran and Kathy